A video recently surfaced on the internet that shows a 17-year-old Finnish man leaving his van and noticing that the iPhone in his back pocket is emitting white smoke.
The owner of the device's name is Henri Helminan and he was carrying his Apple smartphone in his pocket when it spontaneously started smoking.
This type of incident could have been staged by a rival company, but is not completely far-fetched.
The accident could have been caused by an issue with the lithium battery that powers the iPhone as 9to5Mac has stated that a major malfunction with the component could have made it smoke.
There was another recent report of another man's iPhone blowing up in Australia, but that was due to a poorly done third-party repair.
The site suspects that Nokia could be behind this new video since the accident occurred so close to the smartphone creator's headquarters. However, it is too soon to make any assumptions.
A similar incident occurred with a popular Android device that recently launched in Ireland.
A Samsung Galaxy S3 user in Ireland posted images of his handset in a forum last month that showed burns along the bottom of the device that were reportedly cause by a white flame bursting out of it.
The forum user, whose online name is dillo2k10, stated that his smartphone was sitting in a "car mount when suddenly a white flame sparks and a bang came out of the phone" in the post.
This accident caused the Galaxy S3 to burn from the inside out and melted its case, but it still worked afterwards even though the signal was lost.
"The phone was destroyed and it slightly burned a piece of plastic on the inside of my car," said the person in the post. "And they are refusing to give me a replacement; they had to send it off. Probably nothing I can do, but I'm really annoyed. That could have burned the side of my face or through my pocket and my leg, or set fire to my bed. It's very dangerous."